36 month progress report
From iSchool Current Students
Students are expected to submit additional information at the progress review closest to their 36th month of registration (72nd month for part time students) to ensure they are on track to submit within their time limit (4 years for full time students, 8 years for part-time students). This information comprises:
- An update on the structure of chapters submitted for the 24 months review with an outline of the work completed so far and of the work to be carried out towards the submission of the thesis; this should specify if any changes to progress and to the plans have occurred and if any further action needs to be taken;
- A detailed timetable for the work to be carried out towards the submission of the thesis.
In addition, students must present their research to the School seminar series. At this review, the supervisor must indicate whether:
- the student is on target to submit the thesis within their time limit normal of 4 years (8 years for part time students) with no changes to the work plan;
- the student is on target to submit the thesis within their time limit of 3 years (8 years for part time students), provided revisions to the work plan are made an agreed with the supervisory team;
- the student is unlikely to submit the thesis within the time limit of 4 years (8 years for PT students); in such cases, a meeting with the PGR Director and the Director of Research will be arranged to discuss the options available to the student.
Any subsequent progress review reports must specify if any changes to progress and to the plans have occurred and if any further action needs to be taken. All progress review reports will be reviewed by the PGR Programme Working Group. In cases deemed necessary, this will be followed up by a meeting between the student, the supervisory team, the PGR Tutor and the Director of Research or the Head of School, as appropriate.