From iSchool Current Students
During your studies, you will be a member of at least one of our seven research groups, which are listed below:
- Educational Informatics
- Health Informatics
- Information Retrieval
- Information Systems
- Libraries and Information Society Research Group
- Knowledge and Information Management Research Group
These research groups are made up of staff and student with shared research interests, and meet regularly for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Research presentations (staff, student or external speakers)
- Discussions about research ideas, new research directions or about specific journal articles
- Discussions and critiques of methodologies or data analyses.
- Celebratory events (e.g. to celebrate a successful viva, or a research award)
- Collaboration on producing papers or other research projects with staff and students
- Research tutorials
Research group meetings are generally open to all research staff and students within the School, and should be publicised in your Google calendar - thus you are welcome to attend meetings of other research groups should you wish to do so.